I have a rather well-defined opinion about post-production, I think it’s absolutely indispensable and that makes the success of an image at least as much as the production phase (shooting).
Here are five reasons to argue my thesis:
- it is used to balance the limits of technology (dynamic range of sensors, optical aberrations, …);
- we can correct shooting errors (composition, white balance, …);
- we can enhance already “winning” elements of the image;
- allows us to make the image as similar as possible to the idea we had;
- it is an important creative and expressive tool.